Honey Apple Spiced Smoked Pork Tenderloin
Honey, apple, spiced AND smokey pork tenderloin?! This recipe has it all!
See more from Kristi Drinovz at https://www.instagram.com/kandbcooking/
- 2 1lbs pork tenderloins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar replacement
- 1 tsp dehydrated onion powder
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 3 tbsp pork or rib rub
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- A pinch of cayenne
- 3 tbsp honey, warmed in the microwave for 15sec
- In a large bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Prep the tenderloins by cutting off any visible silver skin.
- Place the cleaned tenderloins into the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- After marinating for 3+ hours, and approx 3 hours before dinner, remove the tenderloins from the fridge and place them on the counter.
- Meanwhile, preheat a pellet grill or smoker to 225°F.
- 2 1/2 hours before dinner drain the tenderloins of the marinade and place them in the center of the grill.
- Allow the tenderloins to smoke for approx 2-2 1/2 hours till an internal temp of 145°F is reached.
- Remove the tenderloins from the grill and allow them to rest 5min before slicing.