Low Carb Crispy Chicken Tacos
Calling all taco lovers! Crispy cheese-crusted chicken thighs, topped with creamy mayo, crunchy veggies and a squeeze of lime juice - whew! These tacos are what dreams are made of!
- 1 package truLOCAL chicken thighs
- 1 cup Whisp Cheese Crackers
- ¾ tbsp Burlap & Barrel Smoked Pimenton Paprika
- 1 tsp Burlap & Barrel Cobanero Chili
- ½ tsp Burlap & Barrel Purple Stripe Garlic
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Optional: 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 egg, whisked
- ½ orange bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely minced
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 3 Mr. Tortilla Low-Carb Wraps
- Juice of 1 lime
- If you have an air fryer, preheat the air fryer to 400F. If using a frying pan, grease the pan with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- To a high-speed blender, add the Whisp Cheese Crackers and seasonings. Blend until it is a crumble-like consistency and the spices are evenly mixed. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk one egg until it is light and fluffy.
- Take one of the chicken thighs, dip it into the egg mixture, allow the excess to drip off, and then transfer the chicken to the seasoning bowl. Ensure the chicken is thoroughly coated. Transfer the chicken to an air fryer tray or to the heated frying pan. Repeat with the remaining thighs.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes in the air fryer, flipping halfway through, or roughly the same amount of time in the pan. Remove once the chicken is cooked or when your meat thermometer reaches 82 C.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the bell pepper, red onion, avocado and cilantro.
- On a serving plate, place the tortilla wraps, and layer with mayonnaise, chopped chicken, pepper, red onion, avocado and cilantro. Finish with lime juice and serve immediately.