Low-Carb Baked Ziti Pasta
Just what the doctor ordered! Protein, fibre and a whole lot of deliciousness! Made with Kaizen's Low-Carb Ziti Pasta made with lupin flour, it packs both protein and flavour!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb truLOCAL ground beef
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 24-oz jar of pasta sauce (any flavour)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box Kaizen Ziti Pasta, cook according to instructions
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Break up the meat using a spoon and then add the onion to the pan. Cook for roughly 5 minutes until the onion is softened and the meat is brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Add the pasta sauce and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Added the cooked Ziti to the pan and stir until even.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately.