Maple Mustard Chicken with Mixed Green Salad
Simple is always better! This recipe highlights the sweet flavours of maple syrup and the smokiness of Vancouver Island Salts Smoked Maple Salts! Paired with a mixed green salad with fresh berries and a balsamic vinaigrette - it makes the perfect light lunch or dinner!
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 2 (6-ounce) truLOCAL skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp Vancouver Island Maple Smoked Salts
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 medium garlic cloves, thinly minced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and heat a large pan over medium-high heat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the chicken with pepper and maple smoked salts. Add the chicken to the pan and saute for 2 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the broth, syrup and garlic to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir frequently for 2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return the chicken to the pan, and spoon the dijon maple mustard mixture over the chicken.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, combine the mixed greens and berries. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and place it on top of the salad.
- Serve immediately.