Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Did someone say wing night?! Get ready to wow your dinner guests (or just yourself) with these honey garlic chicken wings. Get all the flavour of crispy restaurant wings right at home – quick, easy, and the sweatpants can stay ON!
- two lbs chicken wings
- one tbsp olive oil
- quarter cup honey
- two tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- four cloves garlic, grated
- half tsp onion powder
- sea salt
- black pepper
- green onion, chopped (to serve)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F, and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl, add olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss until wings are well coated in oil.
3. Place a wire rack on the baking sheet and arrange chicken wings on the rack. Using the rack is helpful but not necessary, it simply helps the wings to cook evenly.
4. Transfer the chicken wings to the oven and cook for 35-40 minutes until crispy and cooked through.
5. While the chicken wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add honey, soy sauce or tamari, garlic and onion powder to a small saucepan and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes until it has reduced a little and created a glaze. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. When the chicken wings are done cooking, transfer them to a large bowl, cover with sauce and toss until well coated.
7. Once the wings are well coated in sauce, return them to the baking sheet, and pour over any remaining sauce.
8. Turn the oven to broil, return baking sheet to the oven and cook the wings for a final 3-5 minutes. You are looking to crisp the skin up a little, however, keep a watchful eye on them to ensure they do not burn.
9. Once complete, transfer the wings to a bowl or plate, and season with green onion to serve.