Chicken & Cauliflower Fried Rice
This Chicken & Cauliflower Fried Rice is a lighter take on a classic fried rice and a great way to add more veggies to your diet in a fun and flavourful way. Cauliflower rice can easily be made at home with a food processor, and many grocery stores now carry it pre-made in the produce or frozen section.
- one head cauliflower
- six boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- one tbsp coconut oil
- three cloves garlic, minced
- one ginger root, grated
- three spring onions, diced
- one carrot, peeled and diced
- three cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- three tbsp soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- two tbsp sesame oil
- two eggs, whisked
- spring onions, sesame seeds, hot sauce
1. Cut cauliflower into chunks and add to a food processor to make cauliflower rice.
2. In a skillet on medium heat, add coconut oil and add diced chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan, add whisked eggs and scramble gently. You want to leave them a little soft and runny as they will be heated again later. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan, add spring onions and carrots and sautee for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
5. Add cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for another 2-3 minutes for help soften the cauliflower. Add chicken and peas to the pan, and stir through to combine.
6. As the cauliflower mixture cooked, combine soy sauce and sesame oil in a small dish and whisk together. Pour into the pan and stir to ensure it is well incorporated with the cauliflower rice.
7. Stir the scrambled eggs back into the mixture, and season to taste as needed.
8. Garnish with extra spring onions, sesame seeds and hot sauce to serve.