Grilled Sausages & Summer Vegetables
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple recipe is perfect for a weeknight summer BBQ.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- four Italian sausage
- one eggplant
- two green zucchini
- one yellow zucchini
- one red bell pepper
- one yellow bell pepper
- quarter cup olive oil
- two tbsp balsamic vinegar
- two cloves garlic, grated or minced
- one tbsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- half tsp crushed chillies (optional)
- black pepper
1. Prepare the vegetables. Slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into ½ inch thick slices and slice the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning or oregano, crushed chillies, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add sliced vegetables to the bowl with the olive oil mixture and toss until everything is well coated. If needed, add a touch more olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning to ensure all of the vegetables are well coated.
4. Heat a grill to medium-high heat, add vegetables to one side of the grill and cook, turning once, until tender; 8-10 minutes for the bell peppers, 5-7 minutes for the zucchini and eggplant.
5. On the other side of the grill, add sausages and cook for 8-12 minutes until cooked through with an internal temperature of 160°F.
6. Once cooked, remove the vegetables from the grill and slice them into bite-size pieces, and serve warm with sausages.