Grilled Sausages & Summer Vegetables
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this simple recipe is perfect for a weeknight summer BBQ.
Try this recipe with either our mild or hot Italian sausage, or some of our regional specialty sausages like chorizo lamb sausage, honey garlic sausage, or chicken pesto sausage. Check to see which sausages are available in you region!
- four Italian sausage
- one eggplant
- two green zucchini
- one yellow zucchini
- one red bell pepper
- one yellow bell pepper
- quarter cup olive oil
- two tbsp balsamic vinegar
- two cloves garlic, grated or minced
- one tbsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- half tsp crushed chillies (optional)
- black pepper
1. Prepare the vegetables. Slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into ½ inch thick slices and slice the peppers lengthwise into quarters.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning or oregano, crushed chillies, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add sliced vegetables to the bowl with the olive oil mixture and toss until everything is well coated. If needed, add a touch more olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning to ensure all of the vegetables are well coated.
4. Heat a grill to medium-high heat, add vegetables to one side of the grill and cook, turning once, until tender; 8-10 minutes for the bell peppers, 5-7 minutes for the zucchini and eggplant.
5. On the other side of the grill, add sausages and cook for 8-12 minutes until cooked through with an internal temperature of 160°F.
6. Once cooked, remove the vegetables from the grill and slice them into bite-size pieces, and serve warm with sausages.