Crispy Beef Bowls
Ready in less than 30 minutes, these crispy beef bowsl are delicious hot or cold making them a perfect summer evening meal or simple meal prep idea.
- one lb ground beef
- one tbsp sesame oil
- one tbsp ginger root, grated
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one tsp chilli flakes
- two tbsp soy sauce
- one tbsp honey
- one cup long-grain white rice, dry
- two carrots, shredded or cut into ribbons
- one cup red cabbage, shredded
- four radishes, thinly sliced
- two spring onions, thinly sliced
- one lime, cut into wedges
- fresh mint or coriander, to serve
- sesame seeds, to serve
1. In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice can be fluffed with a fork, about 15 minutes.
2. In a cast-iron or heavy-bottom skillet, warm sesame oil to medium-high heat.
3. Add ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
4. Add ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey, and stir to combine. Continue to cook the beef until dark brown and crispy.
5. Once the beef is cooked, assemble the bowls; divide the rice, vegetables and beef evenly across the bowls.
6. Top with sesame seeds, fresh mint or coriander, and lime wedges to serve.