Kombucha-Marinated Kalbi Ribs
Juicy, tender and nothing but flavour! These kombucha marinated short ribs will be sliding into the favourites section of your recipe collection in no time!
See more from Keren at www.kerenchen.ca
- one package grass-fed miami short ribs
- half asian yellow pear, coursely shopped
- five cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- two scallions, finely chopped
- one tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- one cup ginger kombucha
- half cup tamari
- two tbsp sriracha
- two tbsp rice vinegar
- one tbsp fish sauce
- half tbsp garlic powder
- half tbsp ginger powder
- two tbsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Wash and dry the ribs.
- Cut it into 1-2 rib segments.
- Add to a blender all of the marinade ingredients: Asian pear, white root parts of the scallions, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, kombucha, tamari, garlic siracha, rice vinegar, fish sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a big container or ziplock bag, alternate adding layers of ribs and marinade. Make sure ribs are covered by marinade completely and then cover and let it sit in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
- Preheat grill or broiler or Air fryer to around 400F.
- Grill for 3-5 mins per side.
- Broil for 3-4 mins per side.
- Air fry for 6 mins first and then flip and let it air fry for another 5-7mins.
- The final product should have a nice sear on the outside and be tender on the inside