Low Carb Keto Chili
Who doesn't love a good bowl of chili? Those who don't like beans! Well friends, this recipe was designed for you! All the flavour, and heartiness, minus the beans.
See more from at Alysha www.instagram.com/fatfuelle d
- one pound ground beef
- one tbsp butter or ghee
- one small yellow onion, finely diced
- one stalk celery, diced
- two cloves garlic, minced
- one red bell pepper, diced
- one tsp medium chilli powder, or to taste
- one tsp ground cumin
- one tsp dried oregano
- one 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- two tbsp unsweetened tomato paste
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- two tbsp cilantro, chopped, plus more for topping
- two tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Optional: sour cream or full-fat yoghurt, sliced avocado and/or lime wedges
- Heat the ghee in a non stick frying pan or cast iron skillet. Add the onion and celery and fry on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (~30 seconds).
- Add the beef and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, breaking the meat up with a wooden spatula as it cooks.
- Add the chopped red pepper, spices, tomatoes, tomato puree, seasoning and chopped cilantro. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until thick.
- Check seasoning and adjust to taste. If it gets too dry, add some water or stock and stir through. When cooked, drizzle with olive oil.5. Optionally, serve with sour cream and more fresh coriander. Serve with cauliflower rice, zucchini noodles or roasted vegetables of choice.