Scallop & Bacon Skewers
Simple to prepare and oh-so-savoury, these scallop & bacon skewers are the perfect appetizer for a romantic dinner in.
- four tbsp ketchup
- one tsp horseradish
- two dashes worcestershire sauce
- two dashes tabasco (to taste)
- one tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- one package scallops
- four slices bacon
- lemon wedges to garnish
1. Prepare cocktail sauce. Combine ketchup, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pan fry bacon on medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side. Bacon should still be soft enough to wrap around scallops. Once finished, set aside until step 4.
3. Pat the scallops dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Wrap each scallop with 1/2 slice of bacon and pin with a toothpick.
5. Pan sear on medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side or until each scallop is opaque.
6. Remove from heat and serve with a dollop of cocktail sauce and lemon wedge.