Coconut Shrimp & Fries
You get the best of both worlds with these delicious coconut shrimp and fries! All the flavour, minus the grease and fat. Who's up for seconds?!
- one third cup all-purpose flour
- two eggs
- two cups shredded coconut
- one lb red Argentine shrimp
- four yellow potatoes
- half tbsp dried parsley
- quarter tbsp dried oregano
- quarter tsp sea salt
- quarter tsp black pepper
- one tsp paprika
- one tsp cayenne powder
- half tbsp vegetable oil
- Defrost your shrimp (either overnight or a few hours before cooking).
- Pat dry all of the shrimp with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Coat the shrimp in flour, then dip in egg, and the shredded coconut flakes. Then, for a second coat, dip it back into the egg and again into the coconut flakes.
- Air fry at 385F for 15 minutes
- Cut 4 medium potatoes into strips and soak in water to remove some of the starch.
- Drizzle with vegetable oil and season with parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne powder.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes and then put it on broil for 2 minutes.