Epic Buffalo Nachos
We like to call these the "Nacho Average Nachos!" These nachos got a little upgrade with the substitution of local ground buffalo and cranked up the spice with some delicious taco seasoning!
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 pound ground buffalo
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 2 bags tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheese of choice
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile on the stovetop, brown the ground buffalo and diced onions over medium-high heat until fully cooked (about 8 minutes) and drain.
- Return the buffalo to the pan, and sprinkle on the taco seasoning.
- While the buffalo is cooking, add a generous layer of chips to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the buffalo and cheese on top of the chips and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with green onions, diced tomatoes and olives.
- Serve immediately.