Turkey Breakfast Taquitos
Leftover turkey from the night before? Roll them up in these Turkey Breakfast Taquitos!
See more from Scrambled and Scrumptious at www.scrambledandscrumptious.com
- 1 tsp olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 of a small onion (approximately 2/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno, minced (approximately 4 tbsp)
- 1 tomato, chopped (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle chili
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 + 1/8 cup Tex Mex grated cheese (18 tbsp)
- 2–3 sprays of avocado oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with oil.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet on high. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until soft, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add jalapeno and tomato, cook, until the tomato starts to break apart and dissolve into the mixture, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the turkey, cumin, chilli, and chipotle and cook until the turkey is cooked through, using a wooden spoon to break the turkey into small pieces. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and beaten eggs to the mixture and cook until the eggs are cooked through approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas for 10 to 15 seconds in the microwave before working with them – I recommend working with 2 to 3 at a time. While the tortilla is warm, add 1 to 2 heaping spoonfuls of the filling and 1 tbsp of cheese in a strip. Roll the tortilla and place it on the baking sheet seam side down.
- Spray the rolled taquitos with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt, to taste. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy. Serve immediately or freeze for the future.