Boneless Lemon Chicken Thighs
Bursting with lemon flavour, these lemon chicken thighs are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
See more from Stephanie Kay at www.kaynutrition.com
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ cup chicken broth, or white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or ovenproof pan on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Working in batches, add the chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden but not completely cooked through. Once cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, in the same pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Add oregano and thyme and cook for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Increase the heat slightly, then add chicken broth or white wine, while scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and allow to bubble for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan, stir to combine with the broth/wine, and then allow the mixture to cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced.
- Once the sauce is ready, return the chicken thighs to the pan one at a time, coating both sides of the thighs in the sauce before moving on to the next one, until all of the chicken thighs have been returned to the pan.
- Once complete, transfer the pan to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the oven and garnish with additional lemon wedges and parsley to serve.