Beef & Mushroom Risotto
Broth is a great way to add an extra depth of flavour to a dish without adding any meat at all. Use truLOCAL bones to make your own broth, or add a bag of our beef bone broth to whip up this warm and hearty meal.
Time: 1 hour
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups beef broth
- ½ cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh parsley, roughly chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan on medium, heat half of the butter and olive oil, add mushrooms, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 4-5 minutes until tender and have reduced in size. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter and olive oil, add shallots and garlic, and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until shallots are translucent.
- Add rice, stir to combine, and cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add ½ cup of broth. Cook, stirring gently until all of the liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth in ½ cup batches at a time, stirring until all of the liquid is absorbed, before adding more, until all of the broth has been absorbed and the rice is tender, approximately 30-35 minutes. (Depending on your rice, you may need to add more broth or water. Just continue to add liquid until the rice is well cooked with a rich and creamy texture.)
- Once all of the liquid has been absorbed, return mushrooms to the pan, along with parmesan cheese, and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with more parmesan cheese and freshly chopped parsley on top as desired.