Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
Time: 30 minutes
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 sausages or 4 breakfast sausages
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed chillies (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 scallions, green parts chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil on medium and add the onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tender and starting to be translucent.
- Remove the sausage from their casing and add them to the pan with the onion. Using a spoon or spatula, gently break up the sausage meat and cook gently until sausage is browned. If you want to add the crushed chillies, add them in at this point.
- Once the sausage is cooked, remove the onion and sausage mixture from the pan and transfer to a plate or bowl for later use.
- In the same cast iron skillet, add the diced sweet potato, season with sea salt and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until potatoes soften and edge begin to brown. If you find the potatoes are sticking to pan just a little drizzle of oil.
- Once the potatoes have soften, return the sausage mixture to the pan and stir to combine with the potatoes.
- Using a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven for 10-15 minutes until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Stephanie Kay Nutrition